Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 6, 2015

This week flew by so fast. It was a busy and eventful one. We were constantly doing something. Sometimes lately we have been overloaded with things to do and not enough time to do so we have to cancel some things out, which is a little frustrating to me. Particularly in the evenings. That's when everything happens and everyone wants to meet with us or feed us. Speaking of feeding us, we have every single day in July filled up for members to feed us. That's quite impressive for this place.
I said it was an eventful week. It was probably the biggest week of Alisha Wells' life. On Tuesday, June 30, she and Akua Wells were married by President Bruce. That was super exciting! Elder Abbott and I got to be the two witnesses. Akua was so nervous before the wedding, just waiting at the church for everything to start, so we were there to help calm him down. The ceremony was quick and sweet. Since then, Akua literally has not stopped smiling. Alisha has been such a good influence on him.
Three days later Alisha was baptized!!! Two days after that she was confirmed!! It was so great! It has been so long since this place has seen a baptism. It almost feels unreal to me; that we actually had a baptism last weekend. I was so convinced I wouldn't see one here while still on my mission. But it happened! And there's another one this weekend! And another after that!! Goodness, I am so blessed to be serving here at this time. There have been a lot of experiences, events and instances throughout my mission that I feel were preparing me and leading me up to my time to serve here. I think that's super cool. Our all-knowing Father knew long before I even started my mission that I would come here, and He put me through what I needed and where I needed and who I needed in order to help me be ready. And I'm pretty sure He has been doing that for me my whole life and will continue doing so, just as He does for each of us. These are just things I've been pondering. It's hard to fully express these thoughts though. I just know God's perfect hand is in our life's.

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Independence Day! Elder Abbott and I enjoyed our evening with many of the branch members at one members home out in the country. There was tons of delicious food and many games to play, along with a terrific display of fireworks. It really was a marvelous time.
Brother and Sister Halleman have a young granddaughter named Kylee, who was baptized a few weeks ago. Her family is an inactive/part member family who haven't had anything to do with the church for years and they live way out in the middle of nowhere, but they invited us over for dinner on Friday night with Bro. and Sis. Halleman. They cooked us up a huge meal on the grill. It was a very pleasant time. Kylee's mom, who is not a member, had lot's of questions about life and certain aspects of it and our church, but since they were only a couple of hours late of getting started on dinner we weren't able to answer very many of them. However, we were able to have a decent visit with them and set up a time this Wednesday to come over and answer all (or many) of her questions. We have a very good feeling about this and all of us are surprised that she is so open to listening to us because of the anti-Mormon background she comes from. Seeds have definitely been planted and are beginning to grow. I think Kylee coming to church with her grandparents for over a year and getting baptized was key. Now, hopefully, we can bring the light of the gospel into Kylee's immediate family. So good things keep happening around here, and the work moves forward! I don't ever want to leave.
We look forward to another fantastic weekend. I hope you all have a great week too!
I love you guys!


-Elder Curtis



She usually has a great smile, there's just something about women in jumpsuits that doesn't make them look happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment