Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Baptisms!

Hello my beloved family and friends!

I sure have been blessed this week with more amazing experiences. I got my first baptism of the mission!!! We baptized two investigators, Zilha and Sabrina Suljic. It was truly an amazing experience!! I baptized Zilha first and then Elder Vincent baptized Sabrina. There is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you teach someone the gospel and then baptize them and see them receive the Holy Ghost. I wish I could describe it for you, but I can't. Just know it is fantastic and I am so happy because of it. 

I have learned a lot about hope over the past couple of weeks. I have gained new new insight of it. Hope is a firm trust in God that He will fulfill His promises to us and trusting that He will bless us for our faith. Hope, or H.O.P.E. is Having Only Positive Expectations. Hope and faith go hand-in-hand. Our faith feeds our hope while our hope gives our faith a purpose of foundation. There is a lot more about is hope that we can learn. Just remember that we need to have a perfect brightness of hope and have faith in doing what is right and what The Lord wants us to do. I know God blesses us when we have hope in Him. 

I don't have time to say much more. I am doing very well out here and I am learning so much. As I have put my whole heart into serving The Lord I have come closer to Him and I know that in your everyday lives there are opportunities all around you to serve those around you. By serving them, you serve The Lord. By serving Him we come closer to him and that is our purpose in this life. 

I love you all. I know God loves you and wants to bless you. Keep Him close.

-Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment