Friday, November 8, 2013

Transfers. New Address!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are doing well and are reaping the joys that living the gospel brings!

I have some exciting news. On Tuesday night we got a call from the zone leaders and they told me that I will be training a new missionary next transfer. Yup, I will be training. I don't know why. I mean I just got done officially training and I am still getting used to everything and there are scores of elders more experienced than I am, but I guess The Lord wants me to train. I feel so inadequate to do it but I know I am called of God and therefore I am qualified. He seems to trust me, and I trust Him with all my heart so if this is His will then I know I can do it. I was shocked when I got the call. That wasn't what I was expecting at all. I didn't understand why I was being asked to do this so early in my mission, but I guess I have been prepared for this and I am not on my own at all. On top of training though, they are moving me to a different area. So I will training in an area that I am not familiar with. Should be fun. I am being moved to St Louis Hills 1. 
So last week our ward boundaries were changed. Before our ward (Carondelet Ward) was split into 3 different areas: Carondelet 1 (me and Elder Vincent), Carondelet 2 (the other elders), and Carondelet 3 (the sisters). Well now the ward is called St Louis Hills Ward and is split into two different areas: St Louis Hills 1 and St Louis Hills 2. I will be located in St Louis Hills area 1 which is pretty much taking the place of Carondelet 2's area plus some whereas the sister missionaries will take my former area, formerly known and Carondelet 1, plus some. I hope that makes sense. So I've been moved, but at the same time I haven't because I'm still in the same ward. So my new boundaries east to west are the Mississippi River to Kingshighway Blvd. From North to South it goes to Arsenal Street to River Des Peres. If you look on a map you should be able to figure that out fairly easily. 
Along with the new area they are giving me the other elders apartment (address below). 
I get my new missionary on Wednesday. Until then I will enjoy the rest of my time with Elder Vincent and continue working as hard as I can for the Lord. Oh! Troy finally came to church!! He loved it and he said he want to come every week now with his family. He is also designating every Thursday evening to the discussions. We finally have a progressing investigator!! I don't know if you remember, But he was originally scheduled to get baptized last month but he never kept commitments. Well he is now scheduled for the end of this month. Hopefully all goes well. 
The week was full of tender mercies from God. We were completely out of our monthly funds the whole week as well as food. Like really, we had no food at all, but SOMEHOW we had breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day. Every day was a miracle. We are so blessed and Heavenly Father loves us so much. 
I love each of you all so much and hope for all of Gods blessings to be with you. Remember that giving up our own will and following Gods is the only way to true peace and joy. 
I hope you have a great week! 
-Elder Curtis

New address:
7412 Gravois Ave
St Louis, MO 63123
Apt. 1D

No comments:

Post a Comment