Thursday, December 12, 2013

Baptisms!!



Hello dear family and friends!

I hope this letter finds you well and happy. As I write it I sure am happy! I have wonderful news for you: We set four baptism dates this week!! Eric will be getting baptized on the 21st, Mike and Adrian will be getting baptized on the 28th, and Michelle will be getting baptized on January 10th! Eric, Mike, and Adrian are especially ready and prepared to enter into their first sacred covenant with God and each of them are SO excited!! I can't tell you the joy we receive from them. We didn't even know them before last week, and now they are preparing to be baptized before the end of the month! We are truly blessed.

In addition to those four, Troy Outlaw will be getting baptized this Saturday! He is the one we were teaching and set a date with back when we were in St Louis. We will be driving down there this weekend to be a part of that experience with him. I am so excited for that! This is going to be the best holiday season EVER!!! Five people entering the gates of baptism. That is so great! I am overwhelmed with joy!!

We also picked up a new investigator this week as well as a really solid looking potential investigator. Her name is Barbara and she was very pleased and receptive to the message of the restoration. We asked her what it would mean to her if what we told her was true, and she sincerely said, "Everything!" I really think she will progress well, if she is willing to do what's necessary. 

I hope all the snow in Utah isn't causing too much trouble for you. It snowed yesterday and the day before but nothing stuck too much. It's just freezing! No matter what we do, we are cold. I will just have to deal with it.

I hope you all took the wonderful opportunity to listen to the Christmas devotional last night. It was wonderful! I hope we all desire to give the Savior something for Christmas this year. Just as President Monson said, the best gift we can give Him is our heart.

I love you all so much! I profusely thank my Father in heaven every night for the wonderful people in my life. All of you have blessed me so much and there will always be a place for you in my heart. Enjoy the holiday season and always serve others!

Love, Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment