Monday, December 30, 2013

Life is so great!!!!



Good morning beautiful people!

It was so good to see and hear my wonderful family last week! That was a great experience; I just wish the time didn't fly by so fast. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas as well! Thank you so much to all of my marvelous friends and family for he facebook message and thank you Brandon for sending them to me! That was a wonderful gift to receive and it was so good to hear from all of you. :)
Life is so fantastic! Not just missionary life, but life in general. It is just so great! It has been a very slow week here due to the holidays and everyone being out of town, so I had lot's of time to think and reminisce about life. How tremendously blessed I have been. How blessed have we all been! This life is such a blessing. To be able to have this time for us to become like our Savior is a wonderful gift and I am so grateful for the decision I made with all of you to follow our Savior and gain this mortal body. I have been studying the resurrection a lot lately. It amazes me to think of how much more we are capable of doing... ( "WE CAN FLY!!!!" -Elder Ivey ). The resurrection will definitely rock.
But even this time before that is so amazing to me. Elder Ivey always says, "Everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know the reason." Well, I believe everything does happen for a reason, whether positive or negative, things are allowed to happen to us. I think the reason is because every single thing that happens gives us an opportunity to react as Christ would. We are here to prepare to meet God; Christ showed us the way to do that; He is the Way. Everything we do every day is preparing us to meet God. Everything that happens to you, happens *"to give you opportunity to respond by applying the in your life the teachings of Jesus." This is such a beautiful thing! When we truly understand that principle our attitudes and behaviors will change; trials and obstacles become blessings and tender mercies.

...So yeah, there's some of my thoughts for you this week.

It was a glorious weekend! Mike and Adrienne Bailey were baptized on Saturday night at 7pm by their next-door neighbor, Brother Hubbard. It was SO GREAT!!!!! They were just glowing and the spirit was so thick. It was an unforgettable experience. The next day Elder Ivey and I had the pleasure of confirming them as members of the church in sacrament meeting. It was such a neat experience confirming someone who wasn't acting as proxy for someone who is dead.
The Baileys already feel like family to everyone in the ward. That is such a blessing. As a missionary it is so comforting to see these people who you have been teaching and grown so close to be accepted and welcomed by the ward so openly. I know that when I am needed in another area they will be left in excellent hands. :)

I do hope all of you had a super week and a happy Christmas. Enjoy the new year! Always look for opportunities to serve those around you; it is the key to happiness, I know it is. Always follow the Saviors example in every situation. Turn to Him when you need help or need answers. He is there. He is listening. He is answering and helping. I know He loves us. I love each of you so much.
Have a great week!

Love, Elder Curtis :)

*The Fourth Missionary: Lawrence E. Corbridge

No comments:

Post a Comment