Monday, December 16, 2013

End of Transfer



Hi!


I was so excited to hear that baby Claire will be welcomed into our family today! I am so happy to be an uncle again! I hope that all goes well. I must say, I am super jealous of my family flying out to Georgia this Christmas. Of course it's the Christmas Jen and I are not around for. However, I am very, very excited to talk to you guys on the 25th! I really don't know any details on times of whether I'll be calling or skyping. I know that's frustrating and I wish I had details for you but I really know nothing about it. Hopefully I will be able to contact one of you this week or before Christmas to coordinate everything.
This weekend we got to travel back to St Louis to witness Troy's baptism. It was so great! He has changed so much and his countenance was illuminating. The Spirit was so strong!
We are excited to work with our investigators here in Jeff City and prepare them for baptism. It is exciting and scary too. Satan is work SO HARD on Eric to drag him down. We are really hoping everything will work out with him and he will be able to make right choices and remember the spirit that we know he has felt. Mike and Adrian, who will be getting baptized on the 28th, had a fright yesterday. Their dog was almost killed by another dog. This was very hard on them because their dog is like a child to them and they don't have money for the vet. But they seem to remain faithful and excited about baptism. They are even inviting lots and lots of family over to see it and celebrate with them. But please pray for all of these people. Prayers are needed.
Transfer call came on Saturday. They say that Elder Ivey and I are staying here, but I'm not sure how much I believe that fully, considering what happened last transfer. I can't believe how fast this transfer flew by! I am almost 1/4 of my mission done and that honestly makes me really sad. I love my job and I don't want to quit. I will just use the rest of my time wisely and do as much as I can to build the kingdom.
I hope you all are doing well. I hope you're staying warm and safe. Enjoy the holiday season and always remember why we even have this season of joy.
I love you all so much!
-Elder Curtis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment