Monday, March 24, 2014

Lose Your Life

Hello hello!

It's been a busy week. Not too much really happened, but it was busy nonetheless.
We were able to see most of our investigators this week, but none of them came to church.
One investigator, Teresia/Whoopie, who had been sober for many months now had a relapse just before our appointment with her. It was so sad to see her like that, especially after she had been doing so well. The next day, however, we were able to have probably the best lesson I've had with her. We talked about the atonement. We discussed her problems and she really opened up to us about her concerns. I know she was feeling the Spirit strongly and she was excited to attend church, I just don't know why she didn't show up this week.
We are co-teaching a family with the sisters here. Bob, Parker and Cami Lewis are their names; they are awesome! They came to church and we are meeting with them twice a week now. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone desire to understand something as much as Bob wants to understand the gospel. His only struggle is smoking, but I know he will be able to overcome that. They really are so awesome.
We've been finding a lot of new people to teach lately. The problem is we can never meet with them a second time so they never become actual investigators. We are not giving up though. I know we're going to have a breakthrough soon.
The past 8 months have been the most fulfilling of my life. Sometimes I can't believe just how happy I remain in facing disappointment. But this work is a joyful work.
I am so thrilled to here about the Smiths neighbor!!!!!! That is so cool!!! See! There is missionary work to be done in Utah! That is so exciting!! I can't really remember the last convert baptism in our ward. I don't think there has been one since I've been there. I can only imagine the excitement everybody is feeling. Keep it up! There is still so much to be done. Being able to participate in this work is a blessing enough, but more blessings are promised to those that do participate. And remember, those that lose their life in this work shall find it again, while those who keep their lives shall lose it. I know that's true. I challenge everybody to have the faith to lose your life in helping other come closer to Christ, and I promise blessings if you do.

I do hope each of you know how much I love you. You are all so dear to me.
Have an enjoyable week.
Love, Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment