Monday, June 9, 2014

5-19-14

What a fantastic week it has been!
We kicked it off with an awesome zone conference (which is a meeting where all of the missionaries serving in a zone [which is equivalent to a stake] get together with the mission president and other office missionaries and have lots of trainings and what not). It was a wonderful time and I received so much spiritual guidance. I loved it!
I don't know if you remember, but ever since long before I ever got to Poplar Bluff the Elders have struggled to find people to teach, but on Wednesday we found TWO!! Haha! I remember when finding two investigators in a week wasn't very uncommon, but I haven't had that joy in quite a while, so I freaking happy!
We had an appointment with our investigator, Theresa (the one we found at pizza hut) and we were actually able to come in, sit down and have a lesson which hasn't happened in over a month due to illness, work, etc. But we finally got in and we read the Book of Mormon with them... Well, her cousin just so happened to be there that day and he sat in with us and read with us, asked question and all manner of good things for an investigator to do. He had a few concerns about our religion which we were able to resolve easily and he was very accepting of everything we said. We got his address and scheduled an appointment with him for this Wednesday.
Shortly after that lesson we went tracting. Of all the doors I have tracted on my mission I have never had anyone invite us in on the first approach, but we knocked on a door which opened up to Stacy Kemp, who after a brief introduction to our church and the Book of Mormon accepted our request to sit down with her and give her our message. We taught the restoration and she took all of it so well. I knew she felt the spirit as she willfully accepted our invitation to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and what he told her. When we asked if we could come back another time to talk to her more she wanted us to come over the next day; so we did!
She explained that we had left such a strong impression on her that she drove around looking for our church so she would know where it is and she read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it. Although she claims she has not received an answer yet, we know one will come to her- she doesn't know it yet, but she knows it's true.
We taught the plan of salvation to her which went very well. We felt prompted to give her a subtle invitation to be baptized but she said she doesn't want to make such a commitment until she was on a "higher spiritual level" which isn't a valid excuse all, but don't worry, we'll work that out. She wasn't able to come to church this week due to family things, but she is committed to attending next week and bringing her niece with her. We have another appointment with her tomorrow and I am so excited! I love teaching the gospel!
There's so much more I want to share with you today, but I really don't know how. Mainly I just want to express the joys of my heart for the gospel, Christ, being able to have this opportunity to literally represent Christ and proclaim His word and to first handedly experience the atonement at work. It is the most amazing thing. I can't tell you how much I love it!
The church is true and I know it! It is true because of Christ- it is His church.
I love you all. May all of you come more unto Christ this week and partake of His sweet peace and love.

-Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment