Monday, June 9, 2014

6-2-14 (Transfer News)

Want to know what the worst part of being on a mission is for me? Transfers. As many of you have guessed, I will be leaving Poplar Bluff and going to Waterloo Illinois to serve as the district leader there and my new companion will be an Elder Bowen.
I can't believe how attached you can get to someone in such a short amount of time. There are so many people here that I've grown to love so much and evidently the feeling is mutual. It felt like it took more than an hour to leave church because all people wanted to do was say goodbye. Funny thing actually: my companion, Elder Davis, apparently doesn't really know how to make a good appearance because every single week since he got here without fail some member of the ward would come up to him and ask if he was new because they had "never seen him before". He's been here two transfers and yesterday even more people where asking him when he had gotten here because they didn't recognize him! As we were leaving, one sister told him she is excited to get to know him... That same family has had us over three times since he's been here.
With the news of me leaving this week and everyone just now realizing Elder Davis is a thing, everyone was just very confused I think. Hopefully Elder Davis will have more attention with me out of the way.
I haven't had a transfer call that I was particularly excited about yet, and this one doesn't exactly change that. I don't know if I'm just sad to leave so many people I love, leaving my wonderful companion for someone I know is going to be difficult, or going to Illinois which is even more flat than Missouri, but it's got me feeling kind of bitter. However, the Lord has proved my bitter feelings about every transfer wrong so far, so I have trust that He will continue to do so. I am going on with a good attitude and I keep practice looking for the good in all things and people and I already know for a fact that I am going to learn so much because of this change.
That's all I've got for this week. I love you all and I hope each of you have a blessed week.
Love, Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment