Monday, July 21, 2014

July 14, 2014



Hey guys!


It's been a rather long week over here in SO IL. (That's Southern Illinois). I went on exchanges this week with some Elders in my District to a small town called Mascoutah. Exchanges are always a good experience. It allows me to get one on one with the elders in my district to help them in any way that I can in their work and also their personal concerns. So I love that.


I can't believe it, but it's already been six weeks since I got to Waterloo, so that means transfer calls. Saturday night we got the news: Elder Bowen is going to be leaving me and I am staying here in Waterloo where I will be training a new missionary for the second time. Ahhh! There is nothing more nerve-racking to me than training. You never know who you're gonna get and there is so much on the line. So I've been kind of restless the last couple of nights awaiting Wednesday morning, but I'm excited to train again. It's fun and it's good to go over the basic principles of missionary work again. I'm obviously going to learn and grow a lot, so I'm looking forward to it.


This morning we met with a young member of the branch who is preparing to serve a mission in Mexico. He wanted to introduce his friend Patrick to the missionaries! Awesome right? We discussed our basic believes and introduced The Book of Mormon to him. On Thursday morning we will meet up again to teach him the restoration! It's going to be great, I just know it. He is a super solid guy and has a genuine desire to do good.


We were unable to to see many of our investigators this week but should be able to next week for sure. I pray an hope that they will continue to progress and come to understand the things we are teaching them. It is the greatest feeling ever to see someone receive their witness of the truth of this gospel and give up all of their desires to follow Christ. To be a witness of that so often is just the best thing I could ever ask for. Life is so wonderful. :)


-Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment