Monday, July 21, 2014

July 7, 2014



Hello everybody!!

I don't quite know that I have many highlights from the week, other than setting a baptismal date with one of our investigators, Julia... So I guess that's pretty cool. The date is set for Sept. 11, but we'll be working to get that moved up sooner, which I'm sure will happen as she continues to learn, grow and understand the gospel. She is awesome; she's been reading the Book of Mormon and is actually retaining it very well. She is in 1 Nephi chapter 11 and can easily tell us everything that's been going on so far. The key right now is for her to pray about it. So if you could keep her in your prayers, that would be fantastic.

Also, if you could keep another investigator of ours in your prayers: Marry. She is going through some very hard trials right now. She desperately needs the help that the gospel brings, and she knows it, but let's just say her kids make it very hard for her. Please, please pray for Marry!

Transfer calls come this Saturday, so I will let you know if I am getting transferred again next week. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay in Waterloo and my companion will be leaving, but we'll see. I can't believe how fast this transfer has gone though. This might have been the fastest transfer of my whole mission. I sure hope the rest of them don't go by this fast.

The 4th was awesome! We were able to spend the evening with some members in the branch: We enjoyed fishing, lawn games, delicious food, homemade ice-cream and very exciting fireworks... I discovered an unknown love I have for croquet.

That's all I've got for you today. I am doing great, the work is moving forward and I absolutely love every bit of it!

I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Love, Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment