Friday, May 15, 2015

March 16, 2015



Hi guys!
This will be a quickie; we're going to Springfield today to finally do something with our P-day with other missionaries. Should be fun.
This week was not very eventful. I had corned beef for the first time. Mmm.
We had to drop our date with Brandon. :( He said his dad is refusing him to get baptized and as long as he's living with them he's not allowed. UGH! So frustrating.
Brian is still super swamped with a sick, constantly crying baby he's trying to adopt. We're in contact though.
Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on forgiveness. I could have given a whale of a talk on it but I only had fifteen minutes. I went over anyway and received a note from a member of the branch presidency behind me letting me know my time was up. To be fair, when I was asked to give the talk I told him I have a tendency to go over time a lot. I don't think I told you all already, but my last week in Urbana I gave a talk in sacrament meeting that was supposed to be 15-20 minutes long but I went way over time making it a 45 minute talk and all I got to do was throw out the points I wanted to make. I didn't get to expound or elaborate on most of them at all. Shortening my talks is probably something I should work on.

We met with a lady this week who is 101 years old. 101!! I was so cool! And she was just yammering on, talking and thinking extremely well for someone over a century old. She is completely deaf though, so we communicated to her with white boards. Other than that she was awesome and had lots of interesting experiences like the first time she saw a TV, or used a plumbed toilet, or a microwave. She lived through WWI and WWII. That's crazy old! She was awesome.
Okay, that's all I've got for all of you today. I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Sure love ya!


-Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment