Friday, May 15, 2015

March 30, 2015



Hello!


So good news: My eye is doing very well and I've got some cool scars now! (A picture will be added if possible)


Also, we picked up two new investigators! We're continuing the same pattern here of picking people up, teaching a modest amount of lessons, getting good stuff done and feeling the Spirit abundantly and yet nobody comes to church. Man, if I had a dollar for every time someone committed to coming to church and then didn't then I'd be handing one fat tithing envelope to the bishop.


We did set a date with one investigator, Mason Smith. He's a 10 year old from a less-active family. The date is for May 16. It's a goal for the whole family to start coming back to church and stay active. Mason himself is awesome and extremely solid. He wants to be a missionary one day! We just can't baptize him until his family starts coming as well. They want to, they just have a couple medical reasons keeping them from coming...


I told you about Jeff, the 20 year old we tracted into who is living with his girl friends parents. Well we had another lesson with him and picked up his girlfriend, Natasha, too. We taught them the restoration; it was marvelous! Natasha shared personal, past experiences as to why she has a faith in Jesus Christ, related to prayer. Later when we asked them if they would read the Book of Mormon and pray to know that is is true and Joseph Smith was prophet. When they said they would we asked them if they believed that God would answer their prayer and Natasha pretty much bore her own testimony of prayer and that God hears and answers them. She knew that God had answered her prayers before, so why wouldn't He now? She showed great faith and it was inspiring.


In other news: I got my new companion on Wednesday. Before Wednesday I had to be in a Tri-companionship because Elder Anderson had to go early, so two Elders from another area came down here. I don't ever want to be in a tri-companionship again. It threw everything off. It was like having two third wheels. Among other reasons I was glad when Wednesday afternoon came along and I was able to get Elder Abbott. He is cool. He's from Centerville, UT. We're getting along very well so far, it should be a pretty smooth transfer again!


I AM SO STOKED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Easter! I think Easter is probably my favorite holiday. I love the meaning of it! Jesus Christ lives! I can't think of anything greater to celebrate. AND we get to hear from Him through prophets! AHHH! I'M SO PUMPED!!! Everyone, do everything you can to watch every session of general conference. Watch it! Listen to it! Read it! There is nothing better for you to do this weekend, so do it.


That's it for this week! Actually, I'll see if I can get some more pictures sent.
Everyone have a super great week!


Sure love ya!


-Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment