Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Aug. 8, 2014



Where did the year go? I woke up on the 31st and it hit me pretty hard how little time I have left now that I've been a year. My companion decided he would try to taunt me about it but he learned quickly that that was a mistake...
Waterloo continues to grow on me. This is the most missionary-minded area I've served in and I love it so much. Yesterday we met up with our branch president to teach a lovely elderly woman named Diana who has been taught everything by the missionaries before but just hadn't made the commitment to join or come to the conclusion that all she had been taught is true. By the convincing power of the Holy Ghost she walk out of that lesson knowing the truth of the gospel for herself and knew she wanted to be baptized. The only thing we're waiting for now is to find a date for her to be baptized. The problem is she lives in Iowa and doesn't know anyone in the church up there. We're going to get her the connections she needs and then she'll have the support she needs whether she is home or taking one of her regular visits down here in Illinois. We are excited for her. It was a spiritually thrilling lesson guided 100% by the spirit.
We have seen many people's minds come to a greater realization of God's love and the truth of the gospel this week and it has been truly remarkable to be a part of it. Elder Johnson and I are on fire! Guys, I love this gospel so much! I love sharing it! I have obtained a state of happiness that only exists in those who commit themselves to serving God and His children. I can't describe this joy I feel, I can only encourage you to seek it out yourself. There is no greater joy than this! I'm going to do this forever. I know the importance of this work; it is of utmost priority: "After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the gospel." -Joseph Smith. That is true. I testify of that! I am so grateful to have this very short but very special opportunity to serve my Savior and King.


Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment