Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sep. 2, 2014



Somehow a cricket got inside of our apartment a few nights ago and has been hiding somewhere (the kitchen, I think) and every night since it has made its loud, constant cricket noises inside our house in the middle of the night (usually about 3:30am) and doesn't sop until we get up at 6:30. As soon as it starts, I wake up and can't fall back asleep because of the noise. But last night at 11:30 there was a huge thunderstorm and a tornado, which I had no problem sleeping through. I can sleep soundly through a tornado, but not a silly cricket? I don't get it.


Anyways, we had a pretty slow week, as far as the work went, but it seems like the week itself flew by. We had a very spiritually uplifting experience at a dinner appointment with some members of our branch who invited two of their friends, Mike and Julie. Mike was just diagnosed with some sort of cancer in his jaw and these members asked us to share the plan of salvation with them in hopes to give them hope and comfort. The spirit was very strong in the room. We ended up giving blessings to both Mike and Julie and they both wanted to learn more about the gospel.


Matt continues to be as solid as ever. We began the new-member discussions with him. He retains everything so well and has and elite understanding of everything for how new he is to all of it. I love being able to teach someone like that. We are focusing on finding more investigators, as we do not have any solid ones anymore. But they're out there somewhere, and we will find them.


Yesterday I took Elder Johnson up to St. Louis to see the arch. It is such a cool building, but I have no idea why they built it. However, it served very useful to us missionaries: To transport us to the top they cram five people into these tiny capsules and those hoist you up to the top. The trip takes about five minutes. That is five whole minutes of very good seed planting. We met a lady from Minneapolis, and a young man from Chicago and got to explain what missionaries are. Both were very receptive.


This is all I can really think of sharing. I've had some really awesome insights from my studies this week, but I don't have time to start on that.
I hope you all are doing well! I love you!


-Elder Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment