Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Feb. 9, 2015

Okay, I feel like there's a lot to say, but there is not a lot of time to say it...

Transfer news came:Our mission is downsizing. We lost 20 missionaries and as a result at least one area in every zone of the mission has to close. Urbana 1 just so happens to be one of them so both me and Elder Anderson are leaving. I am going to Litchfield, Illinois, of which I know absolutely nothing about other than it's quite a ways south of Springfield, Illinois. My new companion is Elder Anderson, not the same Elder Anderson, a new Elder Anderson; that might be confusing in the future.
Closing an area is something mostly new to me. We have to get the apartment ready, the van, and transfer all of our information in our area book to the Urbana 2 Elders. We've been super busy but I feel like we haven't done much because there is still so much to do.
This week I have to say goodbye to all of the people I've met here. That is the hardest part. I've been greatly impacted by people here, such as Francisca and Virgina. They are such wonderful new members. The light of the gospel literally shines from their presence. They love this church! Deosha is doing well in the church too but she's nine so...
Francisca finally got a calling; she's on the ward relief society committee. I don't know what that implies, but I know she's excited about it and it will help her with her English. Both Francisca and Virginia are going to the temple in St. Louis to do baptisms for the dead this month. OH how I wish I could go and see them do that!
And OH how I wish I could witness another big event happening this weekend! (For those of you reading this that don't know, my super cool, older brother is getting married on Saturday!) I hope you guys (family) are able to get everything done to prep and the whole experience is unforgettably magical for everyone. I will be there with you in heart.
I'd also like to say happy valentines day to all of you. To my family, I am so blessed to have you. I've never been around to world, but I'm certain I have the best family in the world. I love all of you so much! I can feel your love and support in your words and by the Spirit. My life is overflowed with blessing just from you guys. I am so glad we will be with each other forever! Mom, I love you. You are beautiful and sweet. I am overwhelmed with the feelings of gratitude and joy within myself when I think of how wonderful you are. I will always be grateful for what you have done for me and the rest of the crew. You've sacrificed so much and I will forever be indebted to you. I love you!
To my friends, you guys rock! I know I have been divinely guided and blessed to seek and find the greatest friends out there. I thank each of you for all you have done for me. I wish I had time to tell you all personally. I love you guys. I really love you guys and will forever be grateful for your impact in my life. Happy Valentines day everyone!

I will give all the rest of the info needed about Litchfield next week. Good luck with everything, everybody! Sure love ya!



-Elder Curtis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment